Marian Keyes is an Irish novelist and non-fiction writer, best known for her work in women’s literature. She is an Irish Book Awards winner. I have collected best 12 quotes from his write up.
1. My truth is that what doesn’t kill you makes you weaker rather than stronger, although it makes you wiser.
2. I’d rather dig a ditch than go to a dinner party with people I don’t know.
3. I think denial’s fascinating. It’s a jokey word, but it really happens, and sometimes in enormous ways.
4. When God closes one door, He slams another in your face
5. Sometimes you get what you want and sometimes you get what you need and sometimes you get what you get.
6. Love is an emotion. It can’t be seen or touched, and it is experienced differently by everyone, therefore it is difficult to measure.
7. Love is blind, there was no doubt about it. In Tara’s case it was also deaf, dumb, dyslexic, had a bad hip and the beginnings of Alzheimer’s
8. Relationship gurus always said that an attraction based on friendship and mutual respect was far more likely to stay the course – and the bastards were right.
9. You’ve recognised a fundamental feature of an addict’s life. Maintaining your habit is so important you’ve no real interest in anything else.
10. If you lose someone, you feel a loss, then after a while you fill in the hole in your life and the loss gradually gets smaller and smaller and eventually goes away. There’s a point to the pain. There’s a reason and a direction.